’Nathalia Agricultural Society has held its annual Genetics Australia On-Farm Challenge.
Judge Daniel Bacon from Lockington emphasised the high quality of the more than 110 cows in the competition, and said he found it difficult to judge some of the classes.
When judging was finished, competitors and other people associated with the Nathalia Agricultural Society sat down to a dinner and presentation at the showgrounds.
The society’s Ellen Grinter said the evening was a relaxing and enjoyable night for all and was one of the highlights of the society’s calendar.
Ms Grinter thanked Mr Bacon for his efforts as well as event sponsors Genetics Australia, the Broadwood and Botterill families, and Peter Commodore for his work organising the challenge.
- 2 yo: First, Ella Bryant; second, Ella Bryant; third, Coolibah Dairies.
- 3 yo: First, Aiden Bryant; second, David and Jodie Daniel; third, James and Theona Parton.
- 4 and 5 yo: First, Ben and Emma Daniel; second, Aiden Bryant; third, Aiden Bryant.
- 6 yo and over: First, Ernie and Teresa Baaracksma; second, Ella Bryant; third, Coolibah Dairies.
- 2 yo: First, Phil and Sam Daniel; second, Williamson family; third, Heath and Helen Platfuss.
- 3 yo: First, Phil and Sam Daniel; second, Mathew and Kimberly Daniel; third, Williamson family.
- 4 and 5 yo: First, Phil and Sam Daniel; second, Williamson family; third, Mathew and Kimberly Daniel.
- 6 yo and over: First, Mathew and Kimberly Daniel; second, Phil and Sam Daniel; third, Phil and Sam Daniel.
- Commercial cow: Reserve champion, Aiden Bryant; champion, Ben and Emma Daniel.
- Registered cow: Reserve champion, Williamson family; champion, Phil and Sam Daniel.
- Overall reserve champion: Williamson family.
- Grand champion and winner of the Phyllis Broadwood Memorial Trophy: Phil and Sam Daniel, Cleveland Bonair Fiona.